DATA ANALYST, Eniram Oy
admin last edited by
Tired of the same old ERP and IoT projects? Would you rather use your skills to help save fuel, the environment, and lives? At Eniram, we provide measurable benefits to our seafaring customers by crunching data to build models and algorithms based on factors as varied as wind, waves, cargo, and crew behavior.
It’s a complicated but rewarding task. We use cutting-edge machine learning techniques and apply mathematics on custom data processing platforms using real-time data flowing in from hundreds of vessels around the world. At least to us it’s more fulfilling than developing yet another mobile game for bored kids.
We are now looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing Analytics team in Helsinki. The team delivers unique insight into vessel performance, based on the data collected from ships around the world, with focus on data analysis and visualization.
This is a position for you, if you are passionate about data and analytics and desire to become a hardcore professional in the field of data analytics. Eniram provides an international front-row seat to digital transformation of traditional maritime industry. You will be a part of an experienced team tackling real-life challenges related to big data, analytics, IoT, and industrial internet.
WHAT DOES A DATA ANALYST DO?
As a Data Analyst in the Analytics team, your main responsibility is to
- standardize, productize and maintain existing analytics services
- develop new standard analytics services: participate in projects with different Technology development teams such as data scientists, and data tools and infrastructure developers
- validate the data used in analytics services
- collaborate with Eniram’s Customer Lifecycle Management team to ensure transparency and support with the customer deliveries
WHAT KIND OF SKILLS DOES A DATA ANALYST NEED?
In order to be successful in this role, you need to have a passion for Big Data and a desire to become a hardcore professional in the field of turning data into powerful insight. In addition to positive attitude and the ability to work proactively, we expect you to have:
- At least B.Sc. degree in a relevant field, such as statistics, information technology or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience in data analysis and data visualization
- Experience in Python programming
- Experience in working with big amounts of numerical data
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English language
We also value previous experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Tableau or similar visualization tool
- Programming skills in relevant data analysis languages (R and Matlab)
- Maritime technical knowledge
- Good presentation skills
To apply, please send your application in English including a CV and salary request by 10th of May. For additional information, please contact careers(at)eniram.fi
Please apply here